Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights, Judicial Review, and Wills & Probate Law. Currently we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis. This job may well suit a law graduate who is intending to undertake or is currently undertaking the LPC course. We would consider a part-time appointment to fit in with a suitable candidate’s studies.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as a good employer. We offer excellent employee benefits, a great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff. This position may suit someone at the start of their legal career as we offer training and progression opportunities. We support remote, agile, and flexible working opportunities.
In line with the firm’s culture, it is our aim to nurture and grow our own talent and the successful candidate will be supported in their development and progression.
Due to further expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Conveyancing Department. We are seeking to appoint a permanent full time Conveyancing Paralegal, this is a perfect opportunity for a dedicated candidate who is looking for a challenging yet rewarding role. Full time is 35 hours a week Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
We are looking for the right candidate who has an ability to use their own initiative and is highly organised.
The main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting in the conveyancing department, preparing correspondence, documents, filing and other administrative tasks as may be required.
- To assist fee earners in dealing with their cases, to include documentation preparation, completion of forms, liaising with clients, drafting bills and completion statements.
- To assist fee earners on post completion work, liaising with all parties in the conveyancing process (including estate agents and solicitors).
- To maintain professional standards.
- To maintain an appropriate client and telephone manner, suitable for a busy professional practice.
- A law degree or equivalent
- A high level of written English, with an emphasis on spelling, presentation and the use of punctuation
- A “can do attitude” and the ability to use your own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Take a personal pride in their work and is committed to producing work of the highest quality
- Is able to maintain high standards of client care.
- Previous conveyancing experience
In return you can expect a rewarding career, as we believe in looking after our employees which is why we offer a great flexible work policy to help you balance your personal and professional lives. We also offer the Bike2Work Scheme. Continual training is very much supported by the firm and the firm has developed an extensive in-house training scheme. The firm is keen for staff to progress and after 6-12 months of employment, a training contract will be considered. Currently the firm has 7 trainees, all of whom commenced with the firm in a paralegal role.
The initial training will be provided in our Fishponds office. However, thereafter there may be the opportunity to work flexibly from home and therefore, this position may be attractive to candidates living some distance from the offices who is able to work from home.
The salary will be £19,000 per annum.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to Kate Ford email@example.com. Closing date for this vacancy is 24/4/2021 Interviews will take place remotely.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.