Here we summarise any information concerning COVID-19, which may be relevant to our clients and those visiting our offices.
Our overall approach is to follow the guidance issued by Public Health England, which can be found using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance.
The link will also take you to the guidance issued on 12 March concerning 7-day self-isolation if you have a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. This guidance is in addition to the guidance concerning 14-day self-isolation for those who have had exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19 but have not shown symptoms themselves.
Watkins Solicitors are still open and able to assist you. Due to the current unprecedented situation, all staff are currently working remotely. However, we are continuing to provide our usual service (with some adaptations). In line with government advice, we are unable to offer face-to-face advice at present but we do have the facility for video conferencing and you can still contact us by email:
- For general enquiries: email@example.com
- For care cases, if the local authority are looking at taking action: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- For domestic abuse and children: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- For divorce and finance: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- For Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For conveyancing: email@example.com
- For Wills, Probate and Power of Attorney: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- For Judicial Review & Regulatory: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
or if you call 0117 939 0350, the calls are being diverted and our receptionist is answering the phone remotely from home. She will take details and send an email to the relevant member of staff to contact you. She will not be able to transfer calls in the usual way. If the matter is urgent please tell our receptionist. We are continuing to deal with emergency applications.