WIlls & Probate (Private Client) Paralegal
WIlls & Probate (Private Client) Paralegal
Watkins Solicitors is an award-winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Wills and Probate Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights and Judicial Review.
Currently, we have three offices, one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath, and we also see clients by appointment in Hereford. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as an employer. We offer excellent employee benefits, great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff. This position may suit someone at the start of their legal career as we offer training and progression opportunities. We support remote, agile, and flexible working opportunities.
In line with the firm’s culture, we aim to nurture and grow our own talent, and the successful candidate will be supported in their development and progression. This vacancy would suit someone who wishes to ultimately practise as a Wills and Probate Solicitor.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Wills and Probate Department. We are seeking to appoint an experienced permanent full-time Wills and Probate Paralegal; this is a perfect opportunity for a dedicated candidate looking for a challenging yet rewarding role. Full time is 35 hours a week, Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm and Friday, 8.30 am to 4 pm. We are looking for someone to start work as soon as possible.
This position would suit someone seeking to qualify as a solicitor practising in Wills and Probate. For those with an LPC, a training contract would be considered within 6 months. For those undertaking SQE, this employment would be considered ‘qualifying work’ for the purposes of qualification as a solicitor.
We are looking for a candidate with experience, if possible, of working in a Wills and probate Department who wants to continue their development and has the ability to use their own initiative and who is highly organised.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- assisting in the Wills and Probate department
- to assist fee earners in dealing with their cases, to include documentation preparation for probate work, drafting wills, correspondence and statements
- attending clients in the preparation and signing of their will
- to use the correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases
- to keep yourself technically up to date through training and research
- A law degree or equivalent
- Experience using a case management system
- Good client care skills
- A high level of written English, with an emphasis on spelling, presentation, and the use of punctuation
- A “can-do attitude” and the ability to use your own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Take personal pride in their work and is committed to producing work of the highest quality
- Can maintain high standards of client care
- Experience working in a Wills and Probate Department
- Successful completion of the LPC or SQE
- Own Transport
In return, you can expect a rewarding career, as we believe in looking after our employees. We offer an excellent flexible work policy to help maintain the balance between personal and professional life, and we also offer the Bike2Work Scheme. The firm very much supports continual training and has developed an extensive in-house training scheme. The firm is keen for staff to progress, and within 6 months of employment, a training contract will be considered. Currently, the firm has 6 trainees, all of whom commenced with the firm in a paralegal role.
Initial training will be provided in our Fishponds office. However, following a probationary period, there may be the opportunity to work flexibly from home for part of the week.
Starting Salary £19,000.00 per annum – depending on experience
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Kate Ford at email@example.com. Closing date for this vacancy is 14th December 2022. However, interviews, which will take place remotely, may take place sooner if suitable candidates are received with a view to the role starting as soon as possible.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.