Part-Time Credit Controller
Part-Time Credit Controller Job Vacancy
Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Wills and Probate Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights and Judicial Review. Currently we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath and we also see clients by appointment in Hereford. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as a good employer. We offer excellent employee benefits, a great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff.
In line with the firm’s culture, it is our aim to nurture and grow our own talent and the successful candidate will be supported in their development and progression.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our accounts department. Watkins Solicitors are looking to recruit a permanent part-time Credit Controller to work 21 hours a week. Continual training is very much supported by the firm. The firm embraces new technology to assist with work.
The main responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Prompt chasing of outstanding client bills via letter, email, or telephone
- Dealing with client queries on outstanding bills providing copy documents, breakdowns and/or schedules
- Maintaining billing spreadsheets/reports on debtors and liaising with fee earners/accounts staff regarding outstanding monies.
- Negotiating with clients in a calm and professional manner and building relationships with key clients
- Other debt management tasks as instructed by fee earners or the Practice Manager
- Hard working
- Conscientious with an attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Previous Credit Control experience required
- Experience of solicitor accounts rules an advantage
Initial training will be provided in the North Street office. Thereafter optional working from home, office based or hybrid working. Occasional in-house training at North Street branch will be required.
£23,000 pro-rata per annum.
Successful candidate to start asap.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Kate Ford by email to email@example.com. Closing date for the role is Monday 6th February 2023, to start as soon as possible thereafter. Interview will take place remotely via telephone or Microsoft Teams.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.