Family Paralegal Vacancy
Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights, Judicial Review, and Wills & Probate Law.
Currently, we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath. We also see clients by appointment in Hereford and Evesham. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis. This job may suit a law graduate intending to undertake or currently undertaking the LPC course.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as a good employer. We offer excellent employee benefits, a great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff. This position may suit someone at the start of their legal career as we offer training and progression opportunities. We support remote, agile, and flexible working opportunities.
In line with the firm’s culture, it is our aim to nurture and grow our own talent and the successful candidate will be supported in their development and progression.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Family Department. We are seeking to appoint a permanent full time Family Paralegal starting immediately to support Managing Director Beverley Watkins, this is a perfect opportunity for a dedicated candidate who is looking for a challenging yet rewarding role. Full time is 35 hours a week Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm. We would consider candidates who are based in either Bath or Bristol.
We are looking for the right candidate who has an ability to use their own initiative and is highly organised.
The main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting in the family department, taking initial calls from new clients
- General admin duties
- To assist fee earners in dealing with their cases, to include documentation preparation, and drafting statements
- Making applications on CCMS for legal aid
- Creating and updating court bundles
- To liaise with other professionals such as support workers and independent experts in arranging appointments for clients
- Training will be provided on Injunctions, Child Public, and Child Private for further development into the role
- Attending court with counsel
- Attending conferences with counsel
- To use the correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases
- To keep yourself technically up to date by training and research
- A law degree or equivalent
- Experience using a case management system
- A high level of written English, with an emphasis on spelling, presentation, and the use of punctuation
- A “can do attitude” and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Take a personal pride in their work and is committed to producing work of the highest quality.
- Can maintain high standards of client care.
- Successful completion of the LPC
- Own Transport
- Previous experience of working in a family law environment or other legal setting
In return you can expect a rewarding career, as we believe in looking after our employees which is why we offer a great flexible work policy to help you balance your personal and professional lives. We also offer the Bike2Work Scheme. Continual training is very much supported by the firm and the firm has developed an extensive in-house training scheme. The firm is keen for staff to progress and after 6-12 months of employment, a training contract will be considered. Currently the firm has 7 trainees, all of whom commenced with the firm in a paralegal role. We also support candidates progressing via SQE or CLIEX.
The initial training will be provided in our North Street office. However, thereafter there may be the opportunity to work flexibly from home.
Salary: £21,000.00 per annum
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to Kate Ford firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews, which will take place remotely, may take place sooner if sufficient and suitable candidates are received.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.