Conveyancing Lawyer Vacancy - Hereford Bristol Bath Remote
Lawyer - Conveyancing Team
|Closing date: Friday, 9th September 2022|
|Hereford / Bristol / Bath / Remote|
Watkins Solicitors is an award-winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Wills and Probate Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights and Judicial Review, with branches across Bristol, Bath and Hereford.
Due to expansion and the opening of a new office in Herefordshire, an exciting opportunity has arisen within our expanding Conveyancing department. We seek to appoint a permanent full-time Conveyancing solicitor or equivalent; this is a perfect opportunity for a fee earner with 1+ years’ experience. Full-time is 35 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 9 am to 5 pm, and Friday 8.30 am to 4 pm. We are looking for someone to work in either our Hereford, Bath or Bristol office, or work remotely; however, travel between the offices may be required.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as an employer, offering excellent employee benefits, a great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff.
This position may suit someone towards the start of their legal career as we offer training with opportunities to progress. The firm supports remote, agile, and flexible working. In line with the firm’s culture, we aim to nurture and grow our own talent, and we will support the successful candidate in their development and progression.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working in a Conveyancing Department who wants to continue their development, is highly organised, and can use their own initiative.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a mixed residential conveyancing caseload from initial instruction to completion including leasehold and freehold properties, sale and purchases, transfers of equity and remortgages.
- Assist the Head of Department in supervising departmental support staff
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client basis by effective liaison with existing clients and introducers
- Ensure files are maintained to high standards and that matters are progressed in line with the practice’s procedures.
- A Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer
- Experienced in managing a caseload of mixed residential files including leaseholds and freeholds and sales and purchases
- Excellent in client care skills and have the ability to successfully market the firm.
- Strong in interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A professional telephone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- The ability to think on your feet to resolve problems as they arise
You can expect a rewarding career, as we believe in looking after our employees. We offer an excellent flexible work policy, and we also offer the Bike2Work Scheme and following successful completion of your probationary period the firm fund a company paid health care plan. The firm very much supports continual training and has developed an extensive in-house training scheme.
Hours: Full time
Salary: According to experience (please advise us of your salary expectation on application)
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to Kate Ford: email@example.com. The closing date for this vacancy is Friday, 9th September 2022. Interviews will take place remotely.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.