Job Vacancy: Billing Clerk
Job title: Billing Clerk
Hours: Part-time or Full-time (minimum of 21 hours per week; maximum 35 hours per week).
Location:Initial training will be provided in the North Street office and remotely. Thereafter there will be the possibility of hybrid working.
Responsible to: the Practice Manager
Salary: £19,000 p/a pro-rata
Organisation: Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy medium sized solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights, Judicial Review, and Wills & Probate Law. Currently we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis
Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen to be an integral part of the accounts department and to join a growing team. Watkins Solicitors are currently recruiting a Part Time Billing Clerk to join Watkins Solicitors. Continual training is very much supported by the firm. The firm embraces new technology to assist with work.
- Prepare and export legal aid files to cost draftsperson.
- Finalise and upload legal aid bills on the Legal Aid Agency’s case management system (CCMS).
- Draft basic legal aid bills and profit cost/disbursement payment on account claims and upload to CCMS
- Track and manage all claims, uploading required documentation and responding to notifications, up to authorisation of payment.
- Maintain a running list of claims showing the current billing status for all matters.
- Any of legal aid billing tasks as required by senior accounts staff/partners.
- Assisting with the drafting of private bills on an ad hoc basis.
- A good mental ability with number with evidence of the same.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft work and excel
- A professional manner
- A meticulous attention for detail
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in an accounts setting and/or with legal aid procedures is advantageous but not essential as all training will be provided.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Kate Ford by email to email@example.com. Closing date for the role is 30 April 2022. Interview will take place remotely via telephone or zoom.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.