Job Vacancy: Legal Aid Billing Clerk
Job title: Legal Aid Billing Clerk
Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy medium sized solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights, Judicial Review, and Wills & Probate Law. Currently we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be an integral part of the billing department and to join a growing team. Watkins Solicitors are currently recruiting a Part Time Legal Aid Billing Clerk to join Watkins Solicitors. Continual training is very much supported by the firm. The firm embraces new technology to assist with work.
- Prepare electronic files and send to cost draftsman.
- Draft basic legal aid claims and upload to the Legal Aid Agency’s case management portal (CCMS).
- Upload cost drafted bills to CCMS, ensuring all accompanying documentation attached.
- Track submitted bills on CCMS and deal with any arising queries.
- Assisting other billing clerks with Legal Help and privately funded bills as and when required.
- Any other duties which are compatible with the role of Legal Aid Billing Clerk as directed by the Practice Manager or the partners.
- A good mental ability with numbers with evidence of the same.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A professional manner
- A meticulous attention for detail
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in an account/ billing setting
- Experience working with Legal Aid Agency
Please send your CV and covering letter to Kate Ford by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date as soon as possible. Interviews will take place remotely via telephone or zoom.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.