An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our existing reception team who are the first point of contact for our clients. Continual training is very much supported by the firm. The firm embraces new technology to assist with work.
Watkins Solicitors is an award winning and busy medium sized solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights, Judicial Review, and Wills & Probate Law. Currently we have three offices with one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights as well as acting for clients on a private basis.
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Answering busy switchboard and transferring calls to appropriate staff or passing messages on a timely basis.
- Navigation and use of case management system (Partner4Windows)
- Dealing with postal duties (including franking, arranging special and recorded delivery items at the Post Office and collection of DX from local collection point)
- Opening and closing/archiving files
- Filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Any other duties which are compatible with the role as directed by the Practice Manager or the partners.
- Previous receptionist/Admin experience (preferably in a legal practice)
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office
- A good telephone manor and people skills are vital and a sensitivity for dealing with vulnerable clients.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Hours: Full Time (35 hours Monday to Friday)
Location: Fishponds office. Travel to other offices may be required.
Responsible to: the Practice Manager
Start date: as soon as possible
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Kate Ford by email to email@example.com. Closing date for the role is 29 September 2021 although interviews may take place sooner if sufficient applications are received. Interviews will take place remotely via telephone or zoom.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.