Receptionist North Street
Receptionist North Street
Watkins Solicitors is an award-winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Wills and Probate Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights and Judicial Review. Currently, we have three offices, one in North Bristol, one in South Bristol and one in Bath, and we also see clients by appointment in Hereford and Evesham. The firm has a Legal Aid franchise and carries out work under the Legal Aid scheme for family clients, judicial review, and human rights. The firm also acts for clients on a private basis.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as a good employer. We offer excellent employee benefits, great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff. This position may suit someone at the start of their legal career as we offer training and progression opportunities. We support remote, agile, and flexible working opportunities.
In line with the firm’s culture, it is our aim to nurture and grow our own talent, and the successful candidate will be supported in their development and progression.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our existing reception team in the North Street office on a full-time basis, although part-time will be considered. Full-time is 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We are looking for someone to start work as soon as possible.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working on reception in an environment where there is a strong emphasis on client confidentiality, i.e., legal, medical, and insurance. The candidate will also need to be highly organised and able to use their own initiative.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Transferring calls to Fee Earners.
- Being able to use a case management system
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis.
- Dealing with postal duties (including franking, arranging special and recorded delivery items at the Post Office and collection of DX from local collection point (Fishponds only))
- Opening and closing/archiving files
- Filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Any other duties which are compatible with the role as directed by the Practice Manager or the partners
- Admin experience
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office
- A good telephone manor and people skills are vital as is a sensitivity for dealing with vulnerable clients.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to multitask
- Previous receptionist experience
In return, you can expect a rewarding career, as we believe in looking after our employees. We offer an excellent flexible work policy to help you balance your personal and professional lives. We also offer the Bike2Work Scheme. Continual training is very much supported by the firm.
The initial training will be provided in both our North Street and Fishponds office.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to Kate Ford by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this vacancy is 17 April 2023. However, interviews may take place sooner if sufficient applications are received. Interviews will take place remotely via telephone or zoom.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.