Conveyancing Paralegal Vacancy
Watkins Solicitors is an award-winning and busy solicitors firm specialising in Family Law, Education Law, Wills and Probate Law, Conveyancing, Human Rights and Judicial Review, with branches across Bristol, Bath and Hereford.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Conveyancing Department. We seek to appoint an experienced permanent full-time Conveyancing Paralegal; this is a perfect opportunity for a dedicated candidate looking for a challenging yet rewarding role. Full-time is 35 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 9 am to 5 pm, and Friday 8.30 am to 4 pm.
Watkins Solicitors has an outstanding reputation as an employer, offering excellent employee benefits, a great working culture and exciting career opportunities. We are a friendly, sociable, and respected company with a firm belief in supporting our staff.
This position may suit someone at the start of their legal career as we offer training and progression opportunities. We support remote, agile, and flexible working opportunities. In line with the firm’s culture, we aim to nurture and grow our own talent, and we will support the successful candidate in their development and progression.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working in a Conveyancing Department who wants to continue their development and can use their own initiative and is highly organised.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the conveyancing department, preparing correspondence, documents, filing and other administrative tasks as may be required.
- To assist fee earners in dealing with their cases, to include documentation preparation, completion of forms, liaising with clients, drafting bills and completion statements.
- To assist fee earners on post completion work, liaising with all parties in the conveyancing process (including estate agents and solicitors).
- To maintain professional standards.
- To maintain an appropriate client and telephone manner, suitable for a busy professional practice.
- To demonstrate and maintain a comprehensive ability in written English, with an emphasis on spelling, presentation and use of punctuation
- A degree would be preferable and preferably some office experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills required.
- To use the correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases
- To keep yourself technically up to date by training and research.
- A law degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a conveyancing department (1 year minimum)
- Experience using a case management system
- A high level of written English, with an emphasis on spelling, presentation, and the use of punctuation
- A “can-do attitude” and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Take personal pride in their work and is committed to producing work of the highest quality.
- Can maintain high standards of client care.
- Successful completion of the LPC
- Own Transport
In return, you can expect a rewarding career. We believe in looking after our employees, which is why we offer an excellent flexible work policy to help keep the balance between personal and professional life. We also offer the Bike2Work Scheme. The firm very much supports continual training and has developed an extensive in-house training scheme. The firm is keen for staff to progress and after 6-12 months of employment, a training contract will be considered. Currently, the firm has nine trainees, all of whom commenced with the firm in a paralegal role.
The initial training will be provided in our North Street office. However, following a probationary period, there may be the opportunity to work flexibly from home.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to Kate Ford: firstname.lastname@example.org.The closing date for this vacancy is 10 January 2022. Interviews will take place remotely.
This firm welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.