Cost effective legal services – Education
Fees are dependent on the type of work undertaken and the personnel involved.
Special Educational Needs
- Initial advice consisting of considering all documents in the case and advising generally, including advising on the merits of the case and providing written confirmation of advice – Legal costs – £350.00 plus VAT
After the initial appointment, a fixed fee option will be discussed, depending on the complexity of the case. Hourly rate options will also be available.
- Including advice on appeal and considering all the documents in the case and to include drafting a statement of appeal £400 plus VAT
Attending admission appeal hearing
Fixed fees are available.
- Initial advice and drafting the appeal – £400 plus VAT
- Initial advice plus drafting statement of appeal – £600 plus VAT
- Attending Governing Body in respect of exclusion appeal – £350 plus VAT
- Attending Independent Exclusion Appeal Panel, to include preparation – £1,000 plus VAT
Advising on a breach of statutory duty
- To considering documents and providing written advice on breach of statutory duty and to drafting Letter before Action, if necessary – £300 plus VAT
It should be noted that in many cases in respect of a breach of a statutory duty, Legal Aid may be available to commence Court proceedings if an Authority does not take the necessary action required following a Letter before Action.
All other work is charged on a time recorded basis and the current hourly fees in respect of education work are as follows:-
Beverley Watkins – Partner £250.00 plus VAT
Liz Smith – Education Adviser £185.00 plus VAT
For a free telephone discussion to find out your rights – telephone – 0117 939 0350 and ask to speak to Beverley Watkins or Liz Smith.