We are delighted to announce that Watkins Solicitors are in the process of becoming a dementia-friendly law firm, starting in January 2018. We are now members of the South Gloucestershire and Bristol Dementia Action Alliance, and planning to extend this in Bath where we have recently opened a new office...
Cost effective legal services – Education
Fees are dependent on the type of work undertaken and the personnel involved.
Special Educational Needs
- Initial advice consisting of considering all documents in the case and advising generally, including advising on the merits of the case and providing written confirmation of advice – Legal costs – £350.00 plus VAT
After the initial appointment, a fixed fee option will be discussed, depending on the complexity of the case. Hourly rate options will also be available.
- Including advice on appeal and considering all the documents in the case and to include drafting a statement of appeal £400 plus VAT
Attending admission appeal hearing
Fixed fees are available.
- Initial advice and drafting the appeal – £400 plus VAT
- Initial advice plus drafting statement of appeal – £600 plus VAT
- Attending Governing Body in respect of exclusion appeal – £350 plus VAT
- Attending Independent Exclusion Appeal Panel, to include preparation – £1,000 plus VAT
Advising on a breach of statutory duty
- To considering documents and providing written advice on breach of statutory duty and to drafting Letter before Action, if necessary – £300 plus VAT
It should be noted that in many cases in respect of a breach of a statutory duty, Legal Aid may be available to commence Court proceedings if an Authority does not take the necessary action required following a Letter before Action.
All other work is charged on a time recorded basis and the current hourly fees in respect of education work are as follows:-
Beverley Watkins – Partner £250.00 plus VAT
Liz Smith – Education Adviser £185.00 plus VAT
For a free telephone discussion to find out your rights – telephone – 0117 939 0350 and ask to speak to Beverley Watkins or Liz Smith.